Monday 14 March 2011

A Mad Hatter's Tea Party

It was our mini-mills' 4th birthday party yesterday and we invited her friends to a Mad Hatter's Tea Party! It took a bit of manic organising as we only decided what to do a few weeks before but I think we got away with it!!! Thanks Adam for helping to make the large tea-pots, keys and signs and for having to get up quite high to stick them on the ceilings - a big thing for someone who hates heights, especially whist standing on a rickety step ladder! Here are pics from the party....firstly you need to go 'down' the rabbit hole!


Thanks to Gabriella (the Mad Hatter) for entertaining all 25 kids for 2 hours (a small break whilst they had tea!) - the kids were thoroughly entertained!
The tea-room is all set for the tea-party (thanks to my family for loaning teapots and cake stands and plants!).....
A table of treats....
Thanks to 'Uncle Joe' for making the delicious red velvet birthday cupcakes and for decorating them just how I imagined! (I apologise for bombarding you with pics of what I wanted!!!)....
I had made some jam heart tarts (I was the Red Queen so just living up to the part!) but these lemon-flavoured iced biscuits are my favourite - I enjoy decorating cakes and biscuits but cannot make the things to save my life! So I cheated and bought some lemon biscuits but I'm such a wimp as my fingers starting hurting after the first few!!...
Everyone got a themed party-bag - a huge thankyou to Elaina at Bowcocos for the fabulous gifts for the girls (badges and playing cards for the boys)....
And finally, a very happy birthday girl (4 today!!) and 2 very cheeky cheshire cats!!...

2 comments:

  1. Where was my invitation?
    Hope Miss M had a lovely party
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats realy cool and will be great inspiration for my party, check out my blogs! =)

    ReplyDelete